The Sudanese government was formed after a coup which overthrew Omar al-Bashir in 2019, due to heavy government corruption even allowing Bashir to be prosecuted by the UN. The coup which happened today caused arrests of 5 top officials in the Sudanese civilian government including Abdalla Hamdok the current Prime Minister of Sudan and other ministers of the country. A mouth prior to this successful coup by the Sudanese military government a attempted coup had happened in the month of September but failed of which the Sudanese government had said it was ” completely under control” and the government arrested 40 government officials in that coup d’etat. The government also said that the pervious coup attempt had people from Bashir regime showing some blood pumping from the pervious government. Even after the failed coup attempt didn’t work out for Bashir’s associates the current Military government overthrew it’s own civil government just now. Showing the immense strength of the Military government which can easily overthrew the civil government even if right or wrong. In the coup the whereabouts of Hamdok were not immediately clear, amid media reports that security forces were stationed outside his home in Khartoum. Photos circulating online showed men in uniform standing in the dark, allegedly near his home in the Khartoum. Ayman Khalid, governor of the state containing the capital, Khartoum, was also arrested, according to the official Facebook page of his office. The President of Sudan who is the commander in chief of the Sudanese armed forces wanted to transition power to civil government but it seems as he had enough and couldn’t tolerate the civil governments polices which caused anger in Sudan.
Sudan Coup causes arrests of high ranking government officials
More from WorldMore posts in World »
- ‘Christ the Redeemer’ statue in Brazil hit by lighting at least 5 times a year: but why?
- The World’s glaciers are expected to decrease by half in 2100: Study says
- Pope Francis will preside over Benedict’s funeral.
- Study: Gene expression can be reshaped when fasting
- A study finds that introverts have higher self-esteem when they think that the future is out of their control.A study finds that introverts have higher self-esteem when they think that the future is out of their control.
- Christiano Ronaldo joins Saudi Arabia’s Al-Nassr F.C
- Pele Football’s greatest player dead aged 82 years in Hospital
- 2023 to cause a Stock Market crash long awaited [Excluding COVID]
- A study suggests that young people want reliable mental health apps.
- AI to be used at Gov level in France to help in the Olympics
- As ‘Pacifist” Japan announces highest levels of military upgrades since World War II: North Korea unpleasant lunches missiles towards the Sea of JapanAs ‘Pacifist” Japan announces highest levels of military upgrades since World War II: North Korea unpleasant lunches missiles towards the Sea of Japan
- Breaking: Zelensky says if Putin dies Ukraine war might end
[…] Sudanese Prime Minister Abdulla Hamdok resigns after a coup which dethroned him and later installed him which caused mass protests in Sudan which later mad the Prime Minister to […]
[…] a civil and military government. But Abdel Fattah al-Burhan stopped his reign as Prime Minister of Sudan for couple of days until they made a deal. Reports have emerged stating that Hamdok and al-Burhan has willfully made a […]
[…] has a coup d’etat in Khartoum. According to top military sources who spoke to Al Arabiya News “Al-Burhan may announce the […]
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.